The Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine is the sixth vaccine authorized by the World Health Organization for emergency use with its quality, safety and efficacy validated. To help more stay safe and protected against COVID-19, Farrer Park Hospital has received approval to administer the vaccine under the Special Access Route. If you would like to receive the vaccine, register your interest and we will get in touch.
What is the Sinopharm COVID-19 Vaccine?
- The Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine – scientifically known as SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine (VeroCell) – is an inactivated vaccine against COVID-19. Unlike Pfizer-BioNTech/Cominarty or Moderna mRNA vaccines where weakened or inactivated germs are used, the Sinopharm vaccine is made of inactivated virus. Once introduced into the body, the immune system starts to produce antibodies that fight against the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus.
- The Sinopharm vaccine is adjuvanted with aluminium hydroxide to boost the response of the immune system.
Who is the Sinopharm COVID-19 Vaccine for?
- Adults aged 18 and above
- Persons who have no known history of anaphylaxis
How many doses of the Sinopharm COVID-19 Vaccine is required?
- The WHO recommends two doses (0.5 ml) to be administered intramuscularly
- Interval of 3-4 weeks between first and second dose
World Health Organization. 2021. COVID-19 Vaccine Explainer: COVID-19 Vaccine (Vero Cell), Inactivated (Sinopharm). Retrieved from: https://www.who.int/publications/m/item/sinopharm-vero-cell---inactivated-covid-19-vaccine