You shall provide radiation therapy services to patients in the management of cancer or other diseases, with special expertise in the operating of imaging and radiation therapy equipment.
- Maintain and ensure proper operation of radiotherapy and ancillary equipment to administer radiation treatment prescribed by radiation oncologists, observing radiation safety measures and practice standards.
- Deliver safe and accurate radiation treatment to patients, complete treatment processes and coordinate patients scheduling.
- Provide explanation of procedural guidelines and counseling to facilitate and reassure patients of treatment.
- Monitor and ensure of patient's physical and psychological well-being during the entire course of treatment.
- Require to work with sealed radioactive materials, electronic and mechanical equipment necessary to assist with administration of radiation treatment.
- Maintain accurate patient records, performs clerical duties, responsible for designated areas or procedures as required.
- Perform daily/weekly QA procedures on equipment according to Medical Dosimetrist and Medical Physicist instruction and manufacturers’ recommendations to ensure the optimal performance of these equipment.
- Diploma / Degree in Medical Radiation Technology or equivalent.
- Registered with Allied Health Profession Council.
- Minimum 0-3 years of clinical experience in Medical Radiation Therapy.
- Familiar with various treatments planning techniques setup associated with efficient beam arrangements, beam energies, dose rates, single/multi isocentre, bolus, MLC, wedges, and patient setup limitations.
- Familiar with the setup of IMRT/VMAT and SRS/T with IGRT.
- Participate in radiotherapy machine QA such as linac, CTSim, and brachy machine QA, including the treatment plan QA such as 3D Forward Plan and IMRT/VMAT QA.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of anatomy, physiology, clinical oncology, radiobiology, radiation physics, and radiation safety.
- Expertise in the technical aspects of radiation oncology and medical physics to simulate and setup patient to produce optimal external beam/brachytherapy treatment plans.
- Part-time positions for Radiation Therapists available.