You will be responsible for the quality and maintenance of all instruments and equipment.
- Assist in the co-ordination and provision of quality assured sterilization services in a controlled, timely and cost effective manner and upholds professional standards through continuing education and development.
- To participate in the care and maintenance of all instruments and equipment, ensuring adherence to the recommended standards in the decontamination, assembling, packaging, sterilization and distribution.
- To participate in the application of the T-Doc system which provides total traceability of all instruments and equipment sent for decontamination and sterilization.
- To assist in maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all items sterilized to enable traceability.
- To be responsible in ensuring that sterilized items are distributed only after availability of a negative validation result.
- To ensure proper documentation is done in an event when the sets are released during the quarantine period.
- To participate in the regular monitoring and documentation of the validation processes done for all the equipment according to the department’s protocol.
- To co-ordinate with the respective vendors/departments on the schedules for preventive maintenance of all CSSD equipment and the follow-ups.
- To assist in the formulating and updating of SOPs, WIs and JDs with Nurse Manager/Charge Nurse for the department to function efficiently.
- To perform any other related duties as assigned by Nurse Manager/Charge Nurse.
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing.
- Singapore Nursing Board Registration.
- At least 2 to 3 years of peri-operative or CSSD experience.
- Experience in T-Doc system.
- Knowledge of hospital policies and work instructions, and current trends in CSSD practices.
- Computer literate.
- Staggered hours, no overnight shfit required.