Before You Fly
It is required for travelers from Singapore who will be traveling to a destination country that has a mandatory requirement to produce a negative COVID-19 PCR test result prior to entry. The pre-departure COVID-19 test is subject to certain requirements as stipulated in the safetravel website.
NEW as at 1 December 2020
- Government approval is NO LONGER required for pre-departure COVID-19 PCR tests
- Any company or individual will be able to procure such services from our Emergency Clinic
- In line with the new guidance provided by the Chinese Embassy for passengers departing for China, the 24 HR Emergency Clinic now offers the IgM antibody test with immediate effect, in addition to the prevailing PCR test
Things To Do Before Taking The Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test
- Call the 24 HR Emergency Clinic at 6705 2999 to make an appointment
- We will advise your confirmed appointment date and time for the test
Points To Note When Making Appointment
- Swab must be done at least 48 hours; and not more than 72 hours before your flight
- The test is available at our 24 HR Emergency Clinic daily; including weekends and public holidays
- Emergency courier charges will apply if the sample is collected after 4.30pm, and has to reach the lab within the same evening; but is still within 48 - 72 hours before your flight
Documents To Bring on Day of Appointment
- Identity card and passport
- Softcopy booking reference showing your departure flight timing (if applicable)
After the test, you are strongly encouraged to minimize contact with others to reduce the risk of virus transmission.
|| Price (with GST)
| Pre-Departure Swab Test
| Pre-Departure Swab Test and Serology Test
Collection of Test Results
- Will be available within 48 hrs from time of test
- Our 24 HR Emergency Clinic will send you the results via email with password encryption
- If an email address is not provided, our 24 HR Emergency Clinic will contact you for self collection
Please note that we will not disclose any test results over the phone.
- Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Swab Test results may return as inconclusive
- In that event, a repeat test may be conducted and is chargeable
- Should this result affect your departure, Farrer Park Hospital and/or the appointed laboratories vendor(s) shall not be held responsible or liable for any claims, damages, losses, expenses, costs or liabilities
- I have to leave the country urgently in less than 48 hours. Can I get swabbed?
We cannot accept your request for a swab as there is insufficient time to complete the test.
- What if I missed my appointment at the 24 HR Emergency Clinic?
Please call our 24 HR Emergency Clinic at 67052999 to reschedule a new appointment.
- What should I do if I am feeling unwell on day of appointment?
If you are feeling unwell, with fever, cough and flu-like symptoms – travel may not be possible. Please visit your nearest clinic for review by a doctor.
For further enquiries, please contact our hotline at 6363 1818 or [email protected]. Indicate “Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test” in your email subject.