Since December 2020, you can get tested for COVID-19 with the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) swab test from our 24-HR Emergency Clinic without prior approval from the Ministry of Health (MOH) or proof of travel. However, due to the recent surge in cases, we have responded to MOH to administer PCR tests ONLY IF you exhibit respiratory symptoms such as :
- Runny Nose
- Sore Throat
- Loss Of Tastes And Smell
Your physician will assess your medical condition before deciding if you require a PCR test.
If you are going to an event or activity, the Antigen Rapid Test (ART) is available. Some of these events will only grant entry to participants who are tested negative after the ART. The rapid test results are available quickly, usually within half an hour.
- You may be required to produce a negative COVID-19 PCR test result prior to entry
- The pre-departure COVID-19 test is subject to certain requirements as stipulated here
- Travellers also have the option of taking the COVID-19 Serology (IgM) test if required
Differences between the PCR Swab, Serology and ART test
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Swab Test
detects the presence of viral genetic material and are routinely used to determine if a person has any virus or is undergoing viral shedding.
Serology IgM Test
detects the presence of antibodies and can show if the person might have been infected in the past.
Antigen Rapid Test (ART)
detects the presence of viral proteins (antigens) expressed by the COVID-19 virus.
To learn more about the different COVID 19 tests, click here
Things To Do Before Taking The Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test
- Call 6363 1818 to make an appointment
- We will confirm your appointment date and time for the test
Points To Note When Making Appointment
- Swab must be done at least 36 hours; and not more than 48 hours before your flight
- The test is available at our 24-HR Emergency Clinic daily; including weekends and public holidays
- Emergency courier charges will apply if the sample is collected after 4.30 p.m. and has to reach the lab within the same evening
Documents To Bring on the Day of Appointment
- Identity card and passport
- Softcopy booking reference showing your departure flight timing (if applicable).
After the test, you are strongly encouraged to minimize contact with others to reduce the risk of virus transmission.
Fees (wef January 3, 2022)
|| Price (with GST)
| PCR Swab Test (PCR)
| PCR Swab Test and Serology Test
| Antigen Rapid Test (ART)
| Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test (Express Service)
Collection of Test Results
- PCR Swab Test results will be available between 12-16 hrs from time of test
- Both PCR Swab Test and Serology Test results will be available between 24-36 hrs from time of test
- Our 24-HR Emergency Clinic will send you the results via email with password encryption
- If an email address is not provided, our Clinic will contact you for self collection
Please note that we will not disclose any test results over the phone.
The results from the ART is within 30 minutes. After taking test, please wait in the Clinic for your results.
Express Pre-Departure Test (PDT) is available now
- At $306.24 (after GST).
- Test result will be available within 6 hours
- Last appointment timing is at 9 p.m.
COVID 19 PCR Swab Test results may return as inconclusive
- In that event, a repeat test may be conducted and is chargeable. Should this result affect your departure, Farrer Park Hospital and/or the appointed laboratories vendor(s) shall not be held responsible or liable for any claims, damages, losses, expenses, costs or liabilities
If the ART result is positive :
- All positive ART results will require a PCR test to confirm if the person is a true positive case
- You will be placed at the 24-HR Emergency Clinic isolation ward for PCR test to confirm
- I have to leave the country urgently in less than 24 hours. Can I get swabbed?
We cannot accept your request for a swab as there is insufficient time to complete the test.
- What if I missed my appointment at the 24-HR Emergency Clinic?
Please call 6363 1818 to reschedule a new appointment.
- What should I do if I am feeling unwell on day of appointment?
If you are feeling unwell, with fever, cough and flu-like symptoms – travel may not be possible. Please visit your nearest clinic for review by a doctor.
- Can I volunteer to take the serology test as COVID-19 can be asymptomatic?
- Is the antigen rapid test (ART) elective?
- What happens if the ART is positive?
You will be placed at the 24-HR Emergency Clinic for a PCR test to determine if you are a COVID-19 positive case. As the PCR turn around time is a day, please isolate yourself at home prior to the release of the PCR test results.
- Can I take the ART as a pre-departure test?
The ART test is not approved for pre-departure COVID-19 testing. The recommended test before a flight is the COVID-19 PCR Swab Test. You may refer to this link for more information.
For further enquiries, please contact our hotline at 6363 1818 or [email protected]. Indicate “COVID-19 Test” in your email subject.